Serious problems

Oct 16, 2011 at 9:42 AM

Hi Guys,

Great job, but we have a few serious problems with this project:

1. There is a long delay on streams, Something about 40 seconds!!! How could we reduce this delay?
  2. Sometimes we get errors on Ms Expression Encoder, and then we have to restart the UpStream Azure Instance, is there any easier way to restart the stream? even introducing an API could be enough for restarting the project through the website!
  3. When the Streaming is finishes the stream remains on the web, how is it possible to clear the cached data?!

FYI: We are using Windows Azure Tools 1.5 for packaging the project.

Thanks,
Saeed!

Dec 18, 2011 at 10:43 PM

For 3 use this : http://blogs.msdn.com/b/expressionencoder/archive/2011/02/02/10124054.aspx

Dec 21, 2011 at 1:33 PM

Good to hear you use this project!

Regarding 1: Sometimes we also experience long delay. Don't have exact answer on that. With RDP/Terminal you can check when stream appear in Media Services using IIS Management Console

Regarding 2 couple things:

- When start new encoding session - always change Event ID field in Expression Encoder

- Publishing point can be restarted over RDP/Terminal connection using IIS Management Console

Thanks

Jan 10, 2012 at 8:59 AM

Thanks @Pierlag, it was a useful article :)

@DmitriMartynov, Thanks for reply, yes separated roles for pull and push is the thing that you implemented with a nice Idea in this project, but unfortunately we still have some problems with it.

About EventId you were right, I installed the SP2 version and this field appeared, and now the second problem is gone! but we still have another problem:
At the First time that we publish stream this solution works pretty fine! but I cannot see any output when I publish it for second time.
When I've checked the pull.isml status through Remote Desktop, I noticed its status is sets stopped when I stop the stream and it never changes again!

Any Ideas?

Thanks,
Saeed!